ON STAGE | Sensory-friendly
Our Sensory Friendly Performances are theater experiences in which the environment and typical “rules of attendance” are relaxed. We strive to accommodate individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
For more information, please contact Danny Campos at email@example.com
The Growing Stage strives to follow our mission of providing not just a moment, but lasting memories for the entire family. Therefore, our commitment is to create an environment that is accessible to all.
- The Lobby and Theatre Space are both street level and there are no level changes required for access.
- Two public restrooms off the lobby each with an accessible stall. Our seating consists of 225 folding chairs on one entire level.
- There is a slight rake to the floor. No limits to the number of patrons with wheelchairs.
- The Historic Palace Theatre is a multi-level facility with 3 floors accessible by our elevator which is fully ADA compliant.
- Further, public signage appears in Braille throughout the building.
At all Sensory Friendly Performances, enjoy high-quality entertainment in a safe and supportive sensory-friendly environment.
- Pre-Visit Social Story provided
- Sensory Seminar provided prior to the performance
- Dimmed house lights allow children and families to easily move around and exit the theatre
- Bring your own snacks and drinks.
- Limited crowds with open seating to allow space between families
- Reduced and consistent sound levels throughout the show Designated “Quiet Areas” to take a break
- We allow the use of tablets and smartphones for communication.
- Provided Activity Guides at the performance
- RESERVED SEATING Select your seats!