Monday, November 2, 2020 at 7:00PM
The Growing Stage will be holding auditions for young artists aged 12-16 on Monday, November 2 at 7:00 PM for its holiday musical, THE LIFE & ADVENTURES OF SANTA CLAUS.
Inclusive casting – young people of all ethnicities, cultures, identities and abilities are encouraged to attend.
Upon Your Arrival:
- For the health and safety of all participants, masks must be worn at all times while inside the theatre.
- We ask that each young performer be accompanied by only one parent or guardian at the audition, and remain in their pod seating for the duration of the audition and maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Prepare sixteen measures of a song with accompanying sheet music.
Please email Cara Scalera, Production Manager, at email@example.com
About the Story:
Before the tale created by toy stores and corporations, L. Frank Baum, the author of The Wizard of Oz, wrote down his own magical biography of the man called Santa Claus.
As a young foundling he is raised by the Immortals who care for the plants and animals. He is taught to respect nature and to care for its beauty, but as he grows older Claus yearns to know more of his “own kind.” He leaves the protection of the Immortals and finds that humans not only don’t respect nature, they are not too kind to each other either. He builds wonderful toys for the children of the village, but despite his good intentions, the evil Baron attempts to stop Claus from creating “useless distractions that stop progress!” Despite the support of his three magical friends who accompany Claus, this becomes a battle for the right to Imagine!
This is Baum’s American mythology which celebrates the greatest gift we share with each other – love.
About the Production:
- The production will be filmed onstage with no live performances.
- Actors will be wearing masks throughout the rehearsal process, but will not have them on during filming.
- The Growing Stage is following all State COVID guidelines throughout the process.
- The production is being directed by Stephen L. Fredericks
- Musically directed by Stephen Fox.
- Rehearsals will run throughout the month of November with the actual filming taking place the first week of December.
Please contact Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions concerning our health and safety protocols.
For more information about all programming at The Growing Stage, visit www.growingstage.com