Policies, Protocols & Procedures
For The Growing Stage Creative Arts Fall 2022
For any questions regarding The Growing Stage Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols and procedures, please contact Lori Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 721-6635.
Please note that this is a living document and policies may change based on number of cases and/or CDC or government recommendations or requirements. Parents/guardians will be alerted to any changes to the policy.
- All teaching artists will be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Classes will have no more than 14 students.
- Face masks are welcome and encouraged, but optional.
- The Growing Stage can provide masks upon request.
- The Growing Stage is equipped with Aerus Pure & Clean air purifiers. This technology:
- Destroys over 99% of all surface and airborne contaminants
- Has proven effective in independent studies against bacteria, viruses, mold, and fungi in the air and on surfaces
- Continuously protects, purifies, and freshens air
- Reduces allergens that can trigger allergies and asthma
CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- Classroom spaces and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected each week prior to classes.
- Commonly touched surfaces and any shared objects such as chairs or props will be disinfected between class sessions.
- All classroom spaces will have a supply of hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to be used as needed.
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
- Parents/guardians will not be allowed to wait inside the theatre during classes. Face masks are welcome and encouraged for drop-off and pick-up, but optional.
- Drop-off, pick-up, and parking information will be sent electronically prior to the start of class.
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS AND PROTOCOLS IF A CHILD BECOMES SICK
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19:
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
- If a student is experiencing any of these symptoms at home, they should not come to class and The Growing Stage should be notified.
- If a student begins to display these symptoms while in class:
- The student will be provided with a face mask to wear and the parent/guardian will be notified.
- If a student shows symptoms of COVID-19 during the week between classes or the week following the final class, parent/guardian should contact The Growing Stage. Symptoms of COVID-19 can appear between 1 – 14 days following exposure.
POSITIVE CASE OR EXPOSURE
If a student tests positive for or has close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 during the week between classes or the week following the final class, they should notify The Growing Stage staff as soon as possible.
- Parents/guardians of students who shared a class with the positive student will be notified of a positive case. The CDC indicates that contagiousness of COVID-19 is highest two days before symptoms appear through five days after symptoms appear. This information will be shared anonymously to best inform whether exposure to other students has occurred.
- If it is determined that there was a high chance of exposure or if otherwise determined based on the circumstances, face masks may be required for all students OR class may be switched to our VIRTUAL platform for the following week and any subsequent weeks as deemed appropriate by The Growing Stage staff using latest information and guidelines.
- Students who have recovered from COVID-19 may return to class no sooner than 5 days after symptoms first appeared and if they have had no symptoms for at least 72 hours. If a student returns to class sooner than 10 days after symptoms first appeared, they will be required to wear a face mask that meets CDC guidelines.
- Please note, the CDC lists the following to define “close contact”:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more.
For any questions regarding The Growing Stage Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols and procedures, please contact Lori Lawrence / email@example.com / (973) 721-6635.